Monday, June 30, 2008

Not MacBook compatible

I was doomed before I started.  My MacBook would not read the installation instruction disk.  It is set up for a PC.  I had to call on the services of my youngest brother, who is a self-proclaimed nerd and came over with his portable PC.   It seems, for the time being, that I don't need the new modem/router.  Apparently, when I called the Internet provider's local office they sent me a updated "packet" of information (with new IP addresses) and things seem to operate properly now.  The real test will be when my hubby is back here with his laptop.  His is lots pickier about connecting than my MacBook.

Oh well, I'll have to feed my ego another way, another day.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Thank goodness for nerd brothers, I say. I've got one, too, in Hawaii. I'll need him since my nerd son-in-law is left behind in Illinois. Good luck with your mac book! Thanks for keeping me company on our trip. You made my blogging worthwhile.

Mare said...

I would have been up the proverbial creek without a paddle...trying to install anything on the computer. You are not alone.

Great Grandma Lin said...

i lost your address when my computer crashed...don't you just hate computers when they have a mind of their own, kind of like teenagers...