Thursday, June 12, 2008

Getting creative




My Gen -X friend is going to tell me how to put up a more creative, unique background.  As soon as I figure it out, I should be very stylish...or strange.  Anyway, I know that I can always change back if I end up thinking I went overboard.  

My teacher friends (May 15, Shared History post) and I are having a difficult time getting together for our monthly dinner.  We seem to be pulled in all different directions.  One of our group had the idea last month to take our picture.  We were only missing our youngest colleague, but we'll have to get her too next time.   It was a thoughtful thing to do and she sent us all a copy.  Sara is on my left (still in the teaching trenches), Sheila is across from me (working with kids in a whole different environment), and Becca is on her right (working in district administration).  We vent, laugh, share, and laugh some more.  



4 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

looks like a fun group of teachers. i lost contact with mine, retired in 1994 when i remarried. was an elementary school librarian and 1st grade teacher. let me know if you need more help with photos. call me.

Kay said...

I've played with my blog header and such, too. It's so much fun and it shows your personality. I'm glad you're able to keep up with your group of teacher friends. We have nine teachers in ours. The school somehow dubbed us the "Lunch Bunch." Then some of us retired and we could no longer meet once a month for lunch so for lack of a better name to call ourselves, we became "The Girlfriends Club." So long as a guy did not join us,

By the way, Jo, I just wanted to thank you again for the "heads up." I mentioned the airport security to the radiologist/technician and she said I could set off the alarm. She gave me a letter that the hospital does prepare for travelers. Thank you, thank you!

Rambling Woods said...

My best friend is a teacher I met 25 years ago when we shared a classroom. It's a very special bond we teachers have...

Sheila Keller-Powell said...

Sweet Group!!! Gee, I wish I could be a member...

Nice lady who took the picture and shared...


hahhahahah