Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sleeping together

This post is not as racy as the title may seem; I'm talking about SLEEPING.  That activity that we should try and spend 7 to 8 hours doing every day/night.  Our bodies need it, our brains require it, and our psyches depend on it.  But sleeping comfort is a very individual thing.  It varies with our size, our health, our experience, our age, and even our disposition.  

Hubby and I have three separate sleep surfaces: one he loves but is not that good for me, one I like and he grumbles about, and one (in our trailer) that we have finally made palatable in short bursts for both. I like a soft, giving mattress (I loved sleeping alone in our water bed years ago), while he likes it to feel soft but with strong support underneath (he hated sleeping alone in the water bed).  So, to solve this little dilemma, we have just ordered a sleep number bed for the house.  That way we hope we can both be comfortable together.  It does seem silly, when one looks at the price, but a good night's sleep is pretty valuable--especially as we get older (and older, and older).  We ordered the most popular, middle of the line model.  I'll let you know how this sleeping arrangement works out.

3 comments:

Mare said...

You are the 2nd one that I know who just bought a sleep number bed. Since you spend one-third of your life trying to get productive sleep, whatever works will bring benefits many times over.

Great Grandma Lin said...

sounds interesting, we still sleep on a queen sized bed because king size seems too big and takes up most of our small bedroom. let us know how the sleep by number is.

Teacher Mama said...

I want to hear how that goes.

We have a Simmons mattress with a latex pillow top. We both love it.