Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mountain View


My view today is just the same as I've posted before...blue sky.  So, I'm cheating a little and using a picture taken last Friday (not in time for Sky Watch).  My hubby and I were in the mountains cutting and splitting a pickup load of wood.  Actually, to be honest, he did the cutting and splitting, I carried and stacked.  My mother's house belonged to her parents and it has a wood-burning addition to its oil furnace.  When heating oil is so expensive, Mom likes to use the stove for heating the house when she can.  We (her children and grandchildren) usually make sure she has a supply of wood for the winter.

If you click on the picture, you can see the distant mountains more clearly.  Thank you to Tom, Dot, and those who started this fun idea.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful country. And I think the whole firewood process is very satisfying too.

Columbo said...

I like the sky and mountains. Looks so inviting, peaceful. Nice posting for SkyWatch Friday.

Anonymous said...

great mountain view

Linda Reeder said...

I have helped in one way or another with lots of firewood in my life. Kind of glad to not be doing it anymore. Fires are great, though.

Kay said...

I do enjoy the smell of burning logs in winter time. I'll miss that in Hawaii. Beautiful skies! Have a wonderful weekend.

Great Grandma Lin said...

ah, gathering and splitting wood-lots of work and fun to be outdoors. glad we have a gasfired log fireplace though but not much good in case of a disaster...

storyteller said...

That IS a beautiful BLUE sky indeed … and a lovely view as well. My SWF post is at Sacred Ruminations.
Hugs and blessings,

Jane Hards Photography said...

Burning logs no such thing here.Great view though.

Mayet said...

that's a lovely blue sky. and view is so calm

Joyce's Journey said...

I've been reading your other posts and almost left without commenting on your SWF post. Beautiful picture!! Very peaceful. Happy SWF!

DeniseinVA said...

Super photo, pretty scenery.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

absolutely BEAUTIFUL and love the flash of the little girl with the big blue eyes (in the side bar pics)

Rambling Woods said...

It's a beautiful photo. What's wrong with using a photo from another time?