Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back to Sky Watch Friday



I missed last week, did not want to do it again.  This picture is from the small balcony in my hubby's new apartment.  I admit I used a little telephoto; we're not quite that close to this part of the Rockys (called the Wasatch Front by those who live here).  There is not much interesting about the sky--it's blue, but you can see a tiny north-facing slope that still has snow.  Considering that it has been mostly in the 90s for a lot of July, the snow is an indication of how deep it once was.  If you click to make it bigger, it is easier to see.

Thank you, Tom, Dot, and all who help with Sky Watch Friday.  It is fun to be a part of the group.

14 comments:

Leora said...

And who's that little birdie on the roof? thanks for taking me to the mountains tonight.

Gemma Wiseman said...

How I love mountains and sky! Glorious pic!

Great Grandma Lin said...

i recognize those mountains...lin

Sheila said...

Lovely picture of the sky and mountains.

Pretty Life Online said...

Great catch for SWF!! Mine's up too hope you can drop by. Happy weekend

Kay said...

Oh dear! I've missed Sky Watch this week. It's such a busy time for me. Maybe I'll stick one in later even though it might be Monday by the time I get around to it.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Wow! That's a great backdrop to have that mountain.

storyteller said...

What a gorgeous blue sky and a wonderful view. Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Rambling Woods said...

I love the mountain view!!!

dianasfaria.com said...

interesting & beautiful landscape, we don't have mountains like that where I come from!

JC said...

Beautiful shot. I'm taking a break from Sky Watch posting this week to post about my vacation but I wanted to see other's sky pictures. Thanks for telling about the snow on the mountain. Have a great weekend.

Kay said...

Hi Jo... You're going to Hawaii. What fun! I'll be looking forward to hearing about your trip to Hawaii. About Waimea often being clouded over. Do you know I haven't been to Waimea Canyon since my kids were very little. I imagine it does get clouded over a lot. Kauai is not known as the Garden Isle for nothing. It's got the most rainfall and it supposed to be the greenest.

Tom said...

Hi Jo... what a delightful post the picture was excellent but your words were very much appreciated.

Forgive this part of my comment as this is done by Copy & Paste.. but with over 300 to visit and check I am sure you will understand...
May I thank you on behalf of the Sky Watch team for your post this week and for helping to make Sky Watch special.
Tom :O)

Catherine said...

Very pretty sky~watch capture..great mountains too!
Have a great week!
Cat