Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Odds and Ends

I saw a few more interesting vanity license plates.  One made me think for a minute: MUZCMKR.  It was on a mini van, with a mid-thirtyish couple I could see.  I sort of wanted to know more about them.

This morning, while driving my teen-age nephew to basketball camp, I saw a red Mustang that had Sixty 4.  I don't know that much about cars, but I'm pretty sure it referred to the car and not the driver (he'd have to get a new plate every year).  By the way, I took a little quiz a few days ago to determine which kind of sporty car I was--it came out Mustang, all American muscle car.  I can't remember all the qualities the Mustang and I seemed to share, but it was kind of silly and fun (I wanted to be the Corvette though).  I've also taken a quiz to find out which Disney princess I am.  In that case I was Pocahontas (my niece thought the accompanying description fit me well).  She was Ariel and her description was right on.  Crazy stuff on the Net.

Anyway, another license plate this morning was on one of those cars that look like a rolling toaster--I think it was a Honda.  The plate said: 5-6-7-8.  It reminded me of an old high school cheer, "5 6 7 8 , who do we appreciate?"  I wondered what it meant to the owner of the car.

Finally, a headline in the newpaper said that a quote was "misattributed" to someone.  I know editors want article headlines to be short, yet give the gist of the story, but where will the word inventions end?  People are misidentified, there is rampant language misusage, or I am just being miszealous?

 

7 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

you are being mizchiefious...

Rambling Woods said...

No..just mizinformed. My first car was 1966 Mustang convertible. It wasn't new when I got it and it was a V-8 with a stick shift. Those were the days my friends...

NanNan said...

Hi Jo-- thanks for stopping by-- this blogosphere is just one big staffroom of retired teachers!:) Oops,, is blogosphere a word!!!

Sheila Keller-Powell said...

I decoded the license plate: Music Maker...I think....hahahha

dellgirl said...

The license plates are interesting. Somehow I always seem to concentrate on the signs. Like "We take Food StamP" or what about the exit sign I saw. It was perched about 10 feet off the ground on the corner of a small 2 story bldg. with trees and large plants on both sides of the driveway. The side of the sign facing the street said "EXIT". I thought ummmm....It was stuck glued or nailed to the bldg. Drivers had no way of seeing ANYTHING upon exiting the place. Ummm again....

There, that's totally confusing. Oh well!

wispy willow said...

I want to know why you were a Mustang. I think that's much, much cooler than being a Corvette. As for me, My desire to be classy leaves me wishing I could be an Excaliber or a Bentley... but, I've always been more of Volkswagon Bug kind of gal. I don't care what make I am... as long as I get to be a convertible.

And what is it about you that made you a Pocahontas? I definitely think that is VERY COOL! What could be better than being an Indian Princess? That was a childhood fantasy of mine. I also always wanted to be Hawaiin. I'm beginning to look more and more like Bloody Maryl. I guess that's getting close.

ha ha ha ha... misattributed? That one leaves me shaking my head. Pretty crazy!!

Kay said...

OK... that's it. I'm going to start paying more attention to those license plates.