Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Blatant Bragging

Close your eyes or skip this post if obvious grandmotherly prejudice makes you clench your teeth. I understand, I really do. No one has more clever, intelligent, gorgeous grandchildren than our own (whoever we are). We took a lot of pictures over the holiday and I got some very good shots that I can't bear not to share. Some of you like photographs of nature, landscapes, wildlife, pets, creative projects....I like pictures of people and these are some extremely special people to me.

Devin is 11, extremely coordinated and intelligent, a definite boundary pusher, and the kind of student I loved to teach.
<
Nathan is almost 9, methodical, detail oriented, computer savvy, smart, rule follower.

Alyssa is approaching 7, kind, thoughtful, bright, friendly, hard to catch without a smile.

Lindsey will be 3 in September, is funny, sweet, ruler of her house, definitely eye-catching, and my youngest grandchild (forever, according to my kids).




7 comments:

Kay said...

Oh my! You definitely have reason to be bursting your buttons. These are gorgeous photos of very gorgeous children! You can just see the fun and character in each child.

dellgirl said...

Hi there proud grandma, and you have every reason to be. Your grands are simply beautiful! I can only imagine the fun and excitement around your place whenever you are all together. I love the photos.

Great Grandma Lin said...

wonerful photos they really capture their personalities. amazing how kids are all so different even in the same family.

Rambling Woods said...

I love seeing family photos and your grandchildren are beautiful...

Mare said...

Wow! How blessed you are with wonderful grandkids!

caryn/mom said...

These kids are beautiful! Their eyes are incredible. I love the way a curl has framed Lindsey's right eye. How perfect is that? It's fun to see how they grow and change with each new season, isn't it? Your children are going to have some anxious moments when those little girls reach dating age. As a matter of fact, in this changing world of ours... your grandsons will have lots of opportunities to turn away a bevy of beauties that will be flaunting themselves.

me ann my camera said...

These are beautiful children with lovely photos and a nice presentation. I just happened to chance by and thought I would leave a comment when I saw the words 'retired teacher' and I identified.