Thursday, May 15, 2008

Shared history

A group of my former colleagues get together once a month to check in with each other's lives and laugh.  I'm retired and free, one is retired but still working with kids in a slightly different venue (she's younger than I am), one younger colleague has moved into district administration, one really young one quit to take care of her son, and one started late and is still in the trenches.

We compare families, remember working together, discuss the current educational systems and hopes for the future, and laugh a lot.  We were an awesome team, worked hard and helped our students accomplish many terrific things.  We miss seeing each other every day.  This is our solution; I hope it continues for a long time.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Wow! I'm so amazed at what we have in common. It must be a teacher thing. I meet with a group of teachers once a month also to keep each other updated on what we have going on in our lives. It's wonderful. I've often thought you could write a book about us.

Teacher Mama said...

Sorry I missed you this month. It has been crazy. For gelato... 12600 S. and 2700 W. It is called Dooners.