Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day



I'm hitchhiking on someone's wireless network, so "thanks whoever you are."  In a small town, Internet connections are hard to come by so I'm grateful to whoever is responsible for this one.

Memorial Day is a big holiday in small cities and Parowan is a good example.  Families come from near and far to honor their dead.  My own father passed away just over a year ago, so my family gathered at one of the most beautiful cemeteries ever.  Fortunately, we laugh a lot more than we cry and my dad would be happy about that. 

3 comments:

Kay said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It's great that you were able to have this beautiful time with your family.

Great Grandma Lin said...

hi, i've been to this cemetery, you should show some photos of the headstones. we took a tour of them with our dup group several years ago and they are amazing. a future post....

Jo, a retired teacher said...

lin, my mother is also involved in the DUP, and we have lots of history in this cemetery.