Friday, May 9, 2008

Cool shoes

One of my first posts was about these expensive new MBT shoes I was trying.  They were supposed to be better for your joints, tone the muscles of your legs (etc.), and improve posture.  I don't know about my joints, but my leg muscles did feel them for a while.  What I do know is that I have loved them!  I can walk and walk without my feet hurting.

So, I coughed up the cash and bought a pair of MBT sandals especially for my trip to Italy.  I never believed that I would spend more than $200 for one pair of shoes--much less two pair, but they are so nice to my feet.  And if your feet hurt, everything hurts.

They do take practice to walk in, and it's impossible to stand flat-footed, but I've definitely adapted.  I hope they last a long time, I can't justify buying a new pair of these every few months.  

3 comments:

Kay said...

Wow! They sound wonderful but I don't know if I can quite let myself spend quite that much for my sandals.... yet.

Teacher Mama said...

Are these the kind of shoes with springs on the back? I'm glad they are so fabulous. My feet don't hurt. I'm only 25. I'm sure they will one day. Congrats on your trip to Italy! I hope it is fantastic!

Jo, a retired teacher said...

teacher mama, they don't have springs, but they have rocker soles. It makes you walk differently.

You don't have to rub in it; my feet didn't hurt when I was 25 either. My knees worked better then too.

Come to think of it, so did my memory. What were talking about?