Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More Bragging...

I'm back from South Carolina and time with the family of my second/youngest/baby son.  He knows that he is my "baby" and there is nothing to be done about it.  No matter how highly educated he is, or how many grown-up responsibilities he has, nothing can change that simple fact.  When one has just two boys, more than 8 1/2 years apart, the youngest is always going to be the baby.  

He and his wife, and my two fabulous grandchildren, will be in SC until July 2009. Then they will move to Florida.  It will be a lovely place to visit, but we were so hoping to have them closer--at least west of the Mississippi.  Not to be I guess.

These are the other two of my six grandchildren.  As you can tell, the 10-year-old is very adept at not getting his picture taken.  
Ryan is a thinker.  He is tall, slender, smart, sensitive, and always hungry.  A trip for ice cream worked to get a couple of pictures.


Alexia likes to have her picture taken.  She is 4, sweet, funny, talkative, and loves all things princess and/or feminine.


They are terrific kids and fortunately I get to see them again in October--more frequent flyer miles for me.  

8 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

cute grandkids...my baby boy is 25 years old now and there is 13 years between him and his next oldest brother. four sons all together...5 grandkids so far.

Rambling Woods said...

Very beautiful grandchildren and I am sorry they won't be moving closer to you as that would make it perfect.

wispy willow said...

I think it's great that you have them close for these upcoming months. Whoever said, "Absence make the heart grow fonder" anyway? That's such a crock. It just makes mine sad and lonely.

Having the grandkids where you can see them often and not be called to babysit them everyday is what I'd call PERfECT!!

Your granddaughter has a megawatt smile, and our grandson has no reason I can see to hine his handsome face.

Enjoy every minute with them, Jo. It's no wonder you like to brag.

wispy willow said...

Did I say "our" grandson has no reason to hide his hinie or something like that? That would be YOUR grandson has no reason to HIDE his handsome face. I really do need to find a proofreader... or slow down. It goes against my humingbird way of life to take it down a notch... so perhaps I can only hope that my cyber friends will be patient and read between the mixed up, misspelled lines.

Mare said...

Geez...Caryn is so funny!
I have one 29 year old unmarried son...so I must continue to enjoy grandkids thru my friends' kids. It was fun reading about yours!

storyteller said...

Re: your comment at Small Reflections regarding the way I share photos. Looking at YOUR photos, it seems to me you have the 'knack' already ... but if you're wondering about the collages and photos inside of photos, I do that with Photoshop Elements. If you have specific questions, my email is available on my Blogger profile and I'll do my best to help.
Hugs and blessings,

Rambling Woods said...

Jo..what problems are you having posting the photos? They look fine to me. You have a choice of size and position that you pick prior to uploading them. I just pick the image size of large and layout of center and then they are always in line. Is that helpful? Here is the Picture Posting FAQ from Blogger.

Picture FAQ

Kay said...

Ah Jo, they are all such beautiful grandchildren. I wish they could live closer to you. You'll have to get a webcam like me. My daughter and son-in-law just installed one on my computer so I could still see my granddaughter when we're not together.