Sunday, August 10, 2008

Getting away

I've been out of reach of Internet, cell phone towers, even mothers and children. Hubby and I went camping for a couple of days in one of his favorite places. I hated to miss Sky Watch Friday, so in its honor I did take a picture Friday morning. It just didn't get posted until now.

This is the hill on the east side of the reservoir (where we were fishing) as the sun was setting.  The fishing was starting to get better as it got a little darker.  We had fun doing a little catching, but released all we caught.



A few minutes later, I turned to the west and got this lovely sunset. Not too bad considering I was using my little point-and-shoot camera, I had a fishing pole in one hand, and hubby was scooting me back to the truck while I could still see where I was stepping.


It was a relaxing getaway, no hurry to go anywhere, cooking outdoors (or not), an amazing view of stars, then a gentle rainstorm.  The only sounds were the wind in the trees, birds, and us.   

It's okay to be back to civilization because day after tomorrow I head to my son's house in South Carolina to play with grandkids for a week.  Watch out, more bragging is bound to be ahead.


5 comments:

Mare said...

Good thing you got some peace and quiet stored up, cause I'm guessing that those grandkids are going to have you hopping! You are so blessed. And thanks for sharing.

wispy willow said...

I'm laughing at Mare's comment because I live SUCH a peaceful existence at the Hollow. The serenity has sort of seeped into my pours and become apart of my emotional chemistry. But... when I stay with the grandkiddies, it's a whole different life. The noise is constant. The activities are without pause. The need to help prepare and clean meals, wash and tuck little ones into bed, drive to soccer practice, swim lessons, and play dates is exhausting. Amazing how I love it. And how I know you will!!!

I look forward to the bragging... and a few pictures of them as well. Your photos are terrific! Especially for a little point and shoot. Hmmmm must be the photographer, not the camera, huh?

Teacher Mama said...

Sounds serene. I'm jealous. I would like to spend much more time than I do outside.

My mom is moving into another house she owns in Sandy. It is all part of the downsizing, no capital gains, pay everything off plan. I'm sure they'll be spending lots of time down south now as well. Have fun with the grandkids.

Great Grandma Lin said...

i too have been without internet connections for only a few days, it does focus you on other things. fishing and camping can be enjoyable but i'm at the stage of life where i enjoy a soft bed and shower at night but do like to get out in nature. i'm with grandkids right now and looking forward to heading home for peace and quiet tomorrow.

Kay said...

Incredible sunset photos. Awesome colors. How romantic to go camping with your hubbie. It all sounds so wonderful and peaceful.