Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Okay, this is very frustrating

I've spent a couple of hours this morning loading pictures to share a little of what I've been up to for the past two weeks.  I added comments, explanations, thoughts, and had everything ready.

HA!  There was something wrong with HTML tags or code somewhere and Blogger wouldn't let me publish!  The explanation would only make sense to a code-writer and was certainly not anything I could attempt to fix.  Maybe there are those of you out there who would have known immediately what to do, but I just deleted and will start over.  It has been difficult enough because I keep getting the message that Blogger cannot be reached so I had to try and upload several pictures multiple times.  Perhaps it is me.  Maybe the technology has really left me far behind.  I will gamely try again.  I may not be the quickest chip on the circuit board, but I am a stubborn one.

5 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

good for you=that's how you learn lots of things on the computer.

it helps to know a little computer html code. sometimes when you are moving photos you copy some of the html code with your photo code and leave the instructions without closure. Most photo codes start with then end with If you take away some of that code like a beginning or ending < or > then it can't be read when you want to publish. That's one thing to check for.

The other with uploading photos, i think sometimes they are too large so I reduce them by making a copy of the original and then in photoshop or some other image editing program make the copy smaller then upload that one. Try that if it made any sense.

Anonymous said...

Jo - we're wondering where you live in Utah. We are looking for a geography teacher at Utah Valley University and was wondering if you would be interested in teaching. Please call Vicki at 863-6225

wispy willow said...

What?? See? I can't even understand what Lin said. A code with another code left somebody's instructions without closure so it can't be read without < or > unless I take away the popsicle sticks or something like that. What does it all mean? It's like reading a Latin instruction manual on building a turbo jet.

I applaude your perseverence and anxiously await the results of your successful efforts.

Hang tough.

Kay said...

I get frustrated, too. I'm proud of you for persevering! I'm missing my tech expert son-in-law who I left behind in Illinois.

storyteller said...

Sometimes it's not you, but Blogger that's having issues. I've learned (the hard way) that when I encounter issues while trying to upload photos ... doing something else and returning to the task later makes the most sense. As for HTML code ... Lin's correct that a little knowledge can help you resolve a multitude of issues. I don't know much, but what I know thus far is most helpful ... and I plan to continue to learn more as I go. What Lin was saying is that the greater & less than signs bracket html codes including photos but it's a bit more complex overall so I understand mom/caryn's bewilderment. That said, it's kind of like learning useful phrases and words in a foreign language when traveling abroad. Fourteen months ago I knew nothing of html. Now I can look at code and spot errors to fix, but can't generate more than a few basic commands from scratch.
Hugs and blessings,