Friday, January 9, 2009

Special day

I don't very often do SkyWatch Friday two weeks in a row, but today is special.  First of all, I ran into a beautiful sky on my way back to my southern Utah home.  It was a post-storm clearing and such gorgeous clouds and sky colors.   I know I'm also late, but at my house it is Friday morning.  Enlarge the picture for the full effect.
Second, it is my BLOGAVERSARY!  It has been one year since I decided to take a stab at this.  I haven't been terribly consistent, but I have enjoyed it.  I've met some special people I wouldn't otherwise have known, and I am learning all the time.  I have lots of things still to master, but there are some fabulous bloggers out there who provide inspiration and encouragement.   Thank you to all who stop by, especially those who take a moment to leave a comment.  I will try to be interesting, informative, and/or entertaining as I continue posting in my second year.



12 comments:

Kathy W said...

I always love the cloouds after a storm. Great shot. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Oh and congrats on your 1 year blogaversary!

Kay said...

Fantastic cloud formation, Jo. Great shot! Congratulations on your blogaversary. I haven't quite hit my 1 year mark yet. Almost, though...
I'm so glad you're there for me to visit.

Great Grandma Lin said...

congrats on blogging for a year..it's fun knowing you live so close to where I do. we could bump into each other and not even know it. lol

Greg Dimitriadis said...

Nice! I love those little sheep-clouds!

Carol said...

Beautiful clouds...like cottonballs...happy anniversary!(I just started blogging this week)

Linda Jacobs said...

Congrats on your anniversary!

I love those popcorn clouds!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided to share this lovely Sky Photo today as you celebrate your first Blogoversary. May there be many more of BOTH ;--)

My skies are clear and sunny at Happily Retired Gal and Sacred Ruminations Friday. TODAY the Santa Ana WINDS are gusting mightily!
Hugs and blessings,

Arija said...

Congratulations on your Blogaversary! Keep it up.
Love the atmospheric perspective of fading blue from zenith to horizon, and the very sharp clouds.

dellgirl said...

Happy Blogaversary! Hope you continue doing it, I love reading your blog. Those clouds are so pretty, I saw some like them last week. I popped out my cell phone and snap snap snap. When I uploaded them...sigh... (as Kay says) they didn't come out very well.

Mare said...

I'll bet you are looking forward to getting home. Congrats on your anniv- I enjoy your thoughts and stories! Glad that the holidaze are over?

Sheila Keller-Powell said...

Blogaversary? You made up a word!!! Yeah, welcome back to the world of those folks like me that mix metaphors, meddle with meanings, and makeup Malapropisms ....hahhahahha

I got into the blog world due to your urging...thanks! I guess that means I have a blogaversary sooner too???

Blog on, girlfriend!!!!
skp:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary..Mine is coming up soon. The clouds are amazing...