Monday, January 19, 2009

More driving entertainment

Tomorrow I make my 300 mile trek back to the city and hubby's small apartment.  I have a yearly checkup with my Cardiologist and I'll have my hair trimmed and gray (gasp) covered while I'm there.  I decided I had better clear my cell phone of the messages I've left myself--mostly personalized license plates I've noticed--so I have lots of room to record more.

Some of the cutest were a bright orange Chevy HHR (they look very retro) that said PUMKEN, and a lime green VW beetle that said FROG (I think I saw this in Hawaii).  I think some people let their attitudes show a little when they are buying a special plate.  A big, Dodge 4X4--black I think--said BURNED.  I'm not sure of the reference, and another truck said ON EDGE.  I steered a little clear of those.  A red Mitsubishi GT was JUSTFAB but I think that definitely shows the driver's age; as does the pale green MiniCooper that said OVER 50.  

Then there are some that just confuse me.  A lovely new Toyota Camry said MRSFXIT; I wondered if there was a MRFXIT too or just a handy Mrs.  A new Mercury was PEGASOS--because it can fly and other spellings were taken?  And a pretty Chrysler 300 was MORDOTS.  That must have a meaning I'm missing.  I also wasn't sure about the red Mitsubishi that said DOGTOWN.  I didn't see any dogs inside.

I did understand the silver Mitsubishi that was STLCRSN (wow, lots of Mitsubishis this time), and I had to chuckle at the little black SUV that said LALALAA.  There's an attitude, or an easy plate to remember.  Keep reading, I'm sure there are lots more fun plates out there.


6 comments:

Kay said...

Those are fun plates. My neighbor had a fancy sports car that read JACKSTOY. Those plates are funny. You do have to pay extra for them in Illinois though.

Great Grandma Lin said...

i always wanted a fun creative plate but was too busy with life to do it and it does cost more.

Anonymous said...

I like to read vanity plates too. You found some good ones Jo..

wispy willow said...

I'm thinking you could fill a coffee table book with fun vanity plates around the globe.

I always wanted to collect pictures of peoples mailboxes. There are so many out there that are creative and whimsical.

Joyce's Journey said...

What great plates! A sure way to entertain on a long ride!!

storyteller said...

How fun ... I've never come up with a clever enough plate idea to spend the extra registration money, but these are very kewl. Clever idea to use your cell phone to remember them as you drive. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,