Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I was tagged....

Okay, Lin tagged me and she's such a frequent commenter to my blog, I think I'd better cooperate.  Normally, I'm a very private person.  Other than the occasional bragging about my grandkids, not too many people really know much about my life.  Okay, here goes.

Eight TV shows/movies I watch regularly:
Without my TiVo, I doubt I'd watch much television at all, with it I watch
 CSIs (original and NY--don't much like Miami)
NCIS
The Mentalist
Stargate Atlantis (original Stargate is over)
Eleventh Hour
Fringe
The Sanctuary
Criminal Minds
Eight things that happened yesterday:
Drove from Salt Lake to my home in Washington
Stopped almost halfway for a burger and Coke (and chips of course)
Visited with Mom for a while
Picked up accumulated mail
Skyped with hubby
Read some J.A. Jance on my Kindle
Caught up on a little TiVo time
--not much else, too much driving time
Eight favorite places to eat:
Lone Star Steak House--when I get a craving for steak or prime rib
Taco Time (not Taco Bell or Del Taco)
Ruby Tuesday--excellent lunches
Famous Dave's--when I need barbecue
Applebee's--generally dependable food
Golden Corral--when I'm really hungry
Arctic Circle for its burgers and fry sauce
La Costa--a little place with terrific Mexican food
Eight things I'm looking forward to:
Warmer weather--I'm a real summer person
Lunch with my former colleagues--maybe next week
Playing with my grandchildren again--just don't know when it will be
Watching my nieces' college basketball game--also next week
The cruise we're planning this summer--hubby's parents celebrating 60 years together
Going back to Alaska and Hawaii--both beautiful in different ways
Learning how make beaded jewelry--especially watch bands
More grapefruit from Costco--they are wonderful and this is the best time of the year for them
Eight things on my wish list:
More exploring of the wonders of the U.S.
Future trips to Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Spain, who knows where.
Seeing the Great Wall of China
Staying healthy, no more messy heart surgeries
Maybe losing 10 pounds--can I do it without suffering too much?
Lay's bringing back Dill Pickle potato chips (are last two incompatible?)
Finding more good books to read on my new Kindle
Lots of time with grandchildren
Eight people to tag:
Don't feel comfortable tagging specific people; don't know that many who would want to do it.  Would love to see what others have to say.






6 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

congrats-brave person. it's kind of fun to look inside and see what's there. enjoyed getting to know you better from your post...Famous Dave's BBQ is gone now from our town and also Ruby River Steakhouse. What a shock. You sound like you keep busy on the road driving back and forth-it's not a good time of year for that but the weather here in So. Utah is certainly better than up north. Thanks for participating.

Kay said...

I very much enjoyed reading about you, Jo. I've definitely got China on my list of places to visit also.

Mare said...

I am working on my lists of 8 things, and I enjoyed yours. I"ve already done the '10 things about me' thing, so I may condense the 8 things list a little bit. I think TIVO is the best invention ever!

Joyce's Journey said...

I loved reading your eight things. It's such fun to get to know fellow bloggers better. How do you like that Kindle? Not sure if I would like that. I really love making jewelry. Have you been to a class? That is how I learned, well, that and practice, practice, practice. The purchasing of "inventory" is so addicting. Jewelry shows (where they sell beads) are the best. You will learn so much as you go along. And you will always have gifts to give at a moments notice!!

wispy willow said...

I have seen the mentalist a couple of times. I liked it.
A: He's CUTE! He's hard to figure out... has a mystery about him. Yeah... I could learn to like that show. I just don't know if I can learn to remember when it's on.

Lay's Dill Pickle Chips. I loved those! I've never even found anyone else who's heard of them. Good stuff, Maynard!

I'm with you. Bring on the summer! I'm loving it here at the beach. The temps are in the high 70's, low 80's. But, this too shall come to and end and I'll be going back to our snowy landscape in the morning... sigh

Thanks to Lin for giving you reason to share a bit more about you... It was fun to read.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you (except for me it's a DVR not Tivo). The only CSI show I like is the original and I did get hooked on the original StarGate series and watch Atlantis when I have time. Although I very much enjoyed learning more about you from this post, I'm not likely to take it on myself any time soon (if at all) because I'm hopelessly behind on too many things to spend time coming up with more facts about me after completing my 101 Things about me on my 101st post. There's a link in my Blogger sidebars for those who are curious ;--)
Hugs and blessings,