Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Purses, handbags, packs, oh my!

What a fun tag.  I'm joining lots of bloggers like Lin who got the idea from Michelle who got the idea from....   Anyway, here goes.


Now there are questions to be answered.
Describe the contents.  Wallet with cash, a couple of cards and ID; other wallet with more membership and credit cards; folder with my fishing license, insurance cards, rewards cards, even a safety deposit box key; bedraggled photo holder with medical information and frequent flyer cards; lip balms of various tones; pill box; assorted keys to places; gum; a lemon juice packet; receipts; a swiss army knife; sunglasses; a calendar/address book, and usually my cell phone, but I had it out this morning to charge the battery.

What's the most important thing in your handbag?   I need my wallet and ID, and it also contains my debit card which I use all the time (no checkbook to carry).  That's also why I have receipts.

What's the most embarrassing thing?  That my pillbox just contains Beano?

What's the smallest thing in your handbag?  I found a crumpled foil from half a stick of gum.

Is there anything illegal in your handbag?  No--unless I'm boarding a plane, then the swiss army knife is gone.  Though I don't know how someone could take over a plane with that itty bitty blade.

I am in the market for a new one.  I don't like to switch purses so I tend to use one until it falls to pieces.  I try to buy smaller, but it is tough to decide what is essential to carry, especially since I travel about--I have keys to three places (Mom's too), two vehicles, and I like to have what I want when I want it.  I pare down when going on airplane journeys, but I've reconciled to the fact that I'm never going to be the wallet and keys type.  I'm just trying to keep it under 10 pounds.

Feel free to join the fun and share the insides of your handbag/purse/tote.

I'm adding another questions that occurred to me.  Is there anything in your handbag that you don't want people to know about?  There is in mine.



7 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

a pill box with beano? hmm...that could come in handy for eating out. In my pill box I just have tylenol as I leave my other pills at home unless traveling then my purse increases in size and is joined by another carry bag full of stuff, extra shoes, light jacket, book to read. I used to carry a really big purse cause my planner was big like 8.5X11 inch size but that got too heavy. Trying to reduce and simplify...me too. See my blog for my purse photo and info. Thanks for participating. Lin
ps let's do lunch some day...call me 628-8522.

Sheila Keller-Powell said...

I thought this was responding to your comment, but it ended up on my blog..shesh
So in response to your response:
Yep, Detroit bound. It was an interesting trip, and I ended up having a really great time..connecting up with a whole bunch of my geoBee buddies that helped me celebrate. NCGE held their gala in the Henry Ford Museum...WOW!! I took a tour of the Ford River Rouge plant home of the F 150 truck, the mustang...WOW x 500! I also toured Ford's creation: GreenField WOW x 1000 and got to see a whole collection of important homes/business Henry
Ford brought together in one community so people would be able to see the important things/people that came from industrialization: Edison's Menlow Park shops, The Wright Bros home and bike shops, Ford's first shops, The McGuffy school, and many many more. The weather was wonderful and the hotel was BIG..LOT&LOTS&LOTS of geography sesions/workshops.
A great time was had by all!!

Rambling Woods said...

Jo..I have to admit that I collect handbags. I don't care about shoes or clothes, but I do love handbags. I have a few really nice ones, but mostly they are what strikes my fancy. My friend who helps me and I have been house cleaning and did the closet where I store my collection. It was nice to get reacquainted with my old friends..LOL..

storyteller said...

How fun to see what’s in your purse. I did this one a while back at Small Reflections … Purse Meme and More.
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Ooops ... sorry! Methinks the previous link takes you to my 'memes label' rather than the actual post. Hopefully THIS one takes you to the right place: Purse Meme and More.
Hugs and blessings,

dellgirl said...

Very interesting. I think about the contents of mine whenever I hang it on my shoulder to walk out the door, then I remember that I forgot to 'clean' it out - it is soooo heavy! What's in the dang thing anyway? I'll check that out one day.

This is cute, I like it.

Kay said...

That is so funny.... and interesting!