Saturday, October 18, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane, don't know...

Those were the lyrics that came to mind when I thought about this post.  Tomorrow morning I fly to Tampa, Florida, where my new GPS should guide me to meet my son and his family in Lakeland.  That's where they'll be living after June and there are business decisions to be made before then.  I'm the support staff.  I'll entertain the two kids while parents do what they need to do, but we're sneaking in fun too.  We're staying at a rental house with a pool (I'm told most Florida houses have pools), so two water-loving kids will be easy to watch--not that these two are ever difficult.  We are taking time to look at homes on the market, visit Sea World, go to the Disney World Halloween evening event, and visit the Kennedy Space Center.  I've been to Cape Canaveral once before and loved it, but that was when I was teaching and our science curriculum had lots of space study.  I still think it is a cool place.  Hubby joins us for the fun Wednesday and we both fly to Salt Lake Sunday.  Then I'll jump in the car Monday (maybe not quite "jump") and drive back home.

Talking to my other son and his family last night, my 9-year-old remembered that a year ago, to the day, we were ALL visiting the Animal Kingdom in Disney World.  Only Nathan would remember something that specific.  We're heading in their direction for Thanksgiving. 

I'm not taking my computer to Florida.  I don't think the house has Internet so I'll be quiet for a week.  I'll miss reading my favorite blogs, but I'll catch up when I get back.  I will make sure to show you how my Cruella DeVill costume turns out.  Bye bye for now.

8 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

have a great time, sounds like a wonderful change of pace and grandkids to be with...don't worry about the blog world-we'll still be here when you get back. ENJOY!

Mare said...

Have a great time and enjoy the kid...and the daughter-in-law...and of course-the grandkids!!! We'll be waiting for details, and maybe pictures!!
TTFN

Rambling Woods said...

Have a safe trip and may your GPS treat you kindly....

wispy willow said...

Man! What a great itinerary. You are going to have such fun stories to tell us. I can't wait to see your costume. Be sure and post lots of pix... of you, Disney World's Halloween event, Sea World, the grandkid's costumes, poolside.... Everything.

I have a tough time when I have to go without my laptop for a few days. I'm okay as long as the kids are awake and home so I can play with them...but, when they go to bed, or they're in school...I get the shakes, pace the floors, whistle obnoxious tunes while grabbing everybody's drink glasses off the table before they're through drinking what's left in them. Hope you handle it better than I do.

Have a GREAT time!!

Kay said...

Have a great time! We'll be looking forward to hearing about it. I've never been to Disney World, only Disneyland countless times because my sister in law lives there. It'll be great with the grandkids. I can't wait to see your photos.

storyteller said...

Methinks leaving the computer at home was a wise decision. I hope you have a lovely time and will look forward to pictures and ‘stories’ when you return.
Hugs and blessings,

Kahshe Cottager said...

Enjoy your trip and the time with your family! It was nice of you to drop in and comment on my blog when you must be busy getting ready to go!

Joyce's Journey said...

Oh I am sure you will have a wonderful time! The weather is just beautiful here in Florida now and you will be doing such fun things!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!