Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On the road again.

It's time to get back on the highway today.  I'm leaving my warm home and driving the 300 miles to hubby's city apartment.  I will have a few days there to give back my library books, get a hair trim and gray cover-up, get my nails done, and pick up my last refill of love/hate hormones (then later I'll have to check in with my "health provider"--notice no one says doctor anymore).  Yes, eventually I'll have to find a new hair dresser, nail tech, Optometrist, and GYN closer to home, but I haven't worried about it yet.  I'm keeping my Cardiologist (known him for 28 years), Dentist (known him for 20 years), and Dermatologist; I'll just drive up once or twice a year.  A new library is being built nearby so I have high hopes, but it will be years before it can come even close to the holdings available at the Salt Lake County Library system.  I will really miss that.

I had better get busy, I have to run a few errands, load the truck,  and make a couple of stops on my way, and I don't like driving after dark.  But, the beauty of having the freedom of retirement means that if time gets away, I can always go tomorrow instead.




4 comments:

wispy willow said...

Whoa!! Busy time for you. It is nice to have freedom from schedules, isn't it? You can leave a day later, stay a day longer...whatever.

I don't think I'll look for a new "Health Care Provider" I'm just going to find some one who's an expert quilter. I'm finding that it my age it's just a matter of patch, patch, patch, anyway.

I can't remember where your new home is going to be. Close enough to Salt Lake to go every six months, not close enough to Salt Lake to go monthly. Is it in Southern Utah? You mentioned the weather for the Senior Olympics.
See what I mean about getting older? I need a patch for the leak in my brain.

Great Grandma Lin said...

well jo is my neighbor but we've never met. sometime we need to do lunch or something. maybe caryn could come down too since we all live in the great state of utah.

Rambling Woods said...

Have a safe trip...I must be the only woman on the planet who has never had a manicure. And I guess my hands look like it too..LOL...

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Caryn: yes, Lin and live on opposite ends of the same city.

Lin: Let's put something together. I'll be back home the last part of October.

Michelle: It's my only real indulgence (other than covering my gray). My hubby calls it my "personal maintenance."