Friday, May 8, 2009

Lost forever?

I'm having trouble with a real mystery.  I have a Canon EOS Rebel camera that I got quite a few years ago.  It is a lovely camera, but when planning our trip to Italy last year I wanted something smaller.  So, I bought a little Canon ELPH.  It was so convenient and easy to carry, and the menus were much like my other Canon so there was little to learn.  It took good pictures and because it was so small, I carried it around all the time.

I can't find it!  I used it for the SkyWatch posting on April 23, and I took it when hubby and I went to visit our parents a couple of days later.  That's where my memory ends.  I don't remember getting it out at either place (and our parents don't remember seeing it).  I drove back to the city early the next week and made sure to pack the battery charger, but don't recall packing the camera.  We have looked everywhere!  

This really bugs me because I don't normally lose things.  Hubby has been known to misplace stuff from time to time, but I usually know where things are.  Until now.  This is soooo frustrating.  I've checked in the logical places, the weird places, and the bizarre places.  Where could it be?

Hubby's solution is that we'll buy me another one before our cruise in June.  You know what will happen?  As soon as I have a new one, the lost one will turn up.  But that's not possible, I've looked everywhere.  There must be a hole in the space/time continuum.

8 comments:

Ms Opinionated said...

That stinks...but I'm sure you are right...it'll be found.

Where in Italy did you go? Is that your background?? I have been dying to go visit family since I haven't been since I was 8yrs old...but I'm afraid if I go, I won't want to come back....

Viva L'Italia....LOL

Great Grandma Lin said...

Maybe it fell out of your purse being so small. I'm always loosing things and know how frustrating that is. Especially if you had photos that can't be replaced in your camera. Keep looking and thinking then go buy a new one and FORGET IT!

Mare said...

First of all, regardless of your religious beliefs, you must ask St Anthony to help you find it. Tony is a good guy...works for me.
Have you looked under the seats of the car? I found a necklace that had been lost much laterr when I was cleaning my car, and Voila!! There it was under my driver's seat!
Good luck.

Kay said...

Oh Jo, I'm so sorry. That is really upsetting. I KNOW because I had to tear my kitchen apart to find my mother's paring knife today. She said she'd lost it 2 weeks ago. I did finally find it but it was really frustrating until I did.

I do misplace things quite a bit actually and it drives me crazy. I hope St. Anthony helps.

Sharon said...

That is awful. I hate it when I lose stuff like that. The checking under the carseat is a good idea, I've found more than one lost item there, including my cell phone and once my camera.

You're right, you probably will find it after you get a new one, but don't let that possibility slow down your purchase of a new one. Then you'll have two good small ones and you will find a way to use them both!

wispy willow said...

There is a possibility that it slipped out of your pocket or purse and someone else noticed it before you returned to look at the spot. I lost a camera in Hawaii that way. It was only moments when I realized that I'd put it on a rock while I used my dauthers camera to take a picture for her...
But, when we went back to the very rock where I'd left it, it was no longer there. Someone beat me to it.

It hurts to lose something like that. I sympathize. I hope yours turns up... but, if not soon, take your sweet hubby up on his offer.

Jo said...

This happens to me occasionally and raises my blood pressure to what must be unsafe levels!

Usually I find the missing item somewhere that I'd already looked, but when I looked the first time I wasn't really believing it was there so I wasn't as thorough in my search as I should have been. Give the luggage and car another good going over and if you still don't find it, buy the new one. If you find the old one after you buy the new one, give someone a present.

dellgirl said...

This is terrible and very frustrating. I hope you find it before you buy another one (with me it's the other way around, I find it afterwards). Good luck with that. I'm looking forward to hearing where it was.