Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hawaii, here we come.

At midday tomorrow, we leave for 8 beautiful, relaxing days in Hawaii. My sister and her husband are coming too, and we've rented a house on the north shore of Kauai.  It has been quite a few years since we've been to Kauai and we are very much looking forward to seeing it again.  Our last Hawaiian trip was business-linked, but we did enjoy wandering about in Honolulu, and stayed an extra couple of days so we could travel to the big island.  I was excited to see an active volcano.

This trip we have no agenda, no schedule, no plans except to enjoy a beautiful place.  We may be taking a computer because the house has an Internet connection, but if you don't see anything from me,  just assume I'm dozing in a lounge chair, dipping my toes in wet sand, or wandering about the island.  It's a tough job, but I'm doing what I can to stimulate the economy.  Aloha.

7 comments:

storyteller said...

Sounds absolutely WONDERUL! I'll look forward to 'stories' and 'photos' when you return.

About the Christmas tree widget, I'm delighted you added it to your blog and think it looks lovely with all red bulbs. Thanks for you kind words about my blogs. I do enjoy this 'virtual world' and the learning opportunities it yields. I'm happy to share and/or help others the way bloggers have helped me along the way.
Hugs and blessings,

Mare said...

Oh, how great is that! A trip to Hawaii!! Have a super time. TTFN

Anonymous said...

Have a super time...!!!!

Kay said...

How terrific is this? Have a fabulous time on Kauai. It's a beautiful island. You'll have to check out the fern grotto and the Menehune fishpond and Hanalei Valley. Enjoy! Enjoy!

Teacher Mama said...

Enjoy the sand for me! I just may jump ship one of these days and go back to island living. As for Logan's negotiations, those were all this week. He gave me a new line every night. The only one that works is "Mommy Logan cuddles?"

Great Grandma Lin said...

what a fun trip, we went to oahu for the first time last January-loved every minute although we thought we'd like a smaller less populated island if we ever go again. enjoy!

wispy willow said...

Well, I for one truly appreciate your sacrificing for the benefit of Society and our faltering economy.

Am I jealous?? Oh yeah! Kauai is my favorite of the Islands. It's the perfect place to refresh the spirit and soul.

Place some White Ginger or Plumeria in your hair and have some fresh pineapple for me.