Sunday, December 14, 2008

Beautiful Kauai

This is the view from our rented house between Hanalei and Ha'ena on the north shore of Kauai.   Our trip was blessed with 6 days of fabulous weather before we experienced 2 days of steady rain--after all, it is the Garden Isle.  We were enchanted by the warmth and beauty of this island, and we enjoyed exploring.



The view was from this balcony/lanai.  This was my sister and I taking a long, last look before loading up to head for home.  The rain had stopped for a while and there was a good opportunity for breathing in the lovely, wet, green smell.


This was the view from hubby's apartment the morning we returned.  It had just begun to snow and the temperature was 50 degrees less that Hawaii's.  Whatever were we thinking?

I will admit that it was hard to remember that it was into December.  For us, Christmas means cold and snow, because it has always been that way.  But I would be willing to try very hard to adjust my attitude.  Be forewarned; as I get my 300 pictures organized, I'll share a few.  If the sight of beautiful sunshine and water activities in December is uncomfortable, maybe you should avoid me for a while.  Just saying.

5 comments:

Kay said...

Ooops! I'm sorry you had to come back from all that gorgeous scenery to the rather "salty" language of the blog I recommended. I was actually recommending the most current post on Margaret and Helen. You are a thorough teacher in going through and reading their other posts to get a better grounding on their messages. Anyway, forgive me.

Ah well, welcome back from the sunshine. You were lucky to get only two days of rain. Kauai and Oahu was hit hard by some flash flooding and torrential rains.

Great Grandma Lin said...

aren't you lucky to also have a home in so. utah where there is sun and warmer weather for winter. we've been enjoyed 60 degree weather while you were gone-now it's more like winter with 40-50 degrees. not a match for hawaii but a good secoond place.

Sheila Keller-Powell said...

Hard to come back to cold, snowy, blowy, dry! Utah after Hawaii. I had the same thoughts after visiting Disneyland during the Thanksgiving break (70's degrees)(several years ago) and returned to two feet of snow and temps in the teens...ugh.
Jimmy Buffet has a great song for these moments:
"Changes in lattitude...Changes in Attitude"....hahahahah

Anonymous said...

Oh..you are back..How did I miss this post..and you came back to snow.. Sorry..but what a trip you had..

dellgirl said...

These pictures are beautiful. thanks for sharing. Glad you had a nice trip and returned safely.