Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What to talk about?

Some days I wonder if I've run out of stuff to blog about.  I've been married forever, so the young love stuff seems foolish.  I have no children (or grandchildren, darn) home to do cute things or ask funny questions.  The minutiae of my daily life doesn't seem interesting.  

But yesterday my mother and I got caught by a mall kiosk salesgirl.  She was selling some very expensive creams and potions, tried a couple on us, and voila, our skin looked younger.  So, partly because of guilt over the time she had invested in her pitch, we bought some stuff.  We didn't buy all she would have liked us to, and she had to drop her prices to sell what she did, but it was more money than either of us had ever spent on  face creams.  I guess if we just think we look better that will be good enough.  If you see me and think my skin looks nicer, tell me.  Maybe I won't feel as foolish for letting this little girl play with my brain and my wallet.

No comments: