Saturday, April 19, 2008

Choosing to be injured

I was thinking about the things people choose to be upset about--like the memorial crosses for Utah Highway Patrol troopers killed.  I don't understand why atheists would bother to complain.  The crosses are not obtrusive or unavoidable. People don't have to look.

I don't like Carls Jr.'s commercials on television.  So, I don't watch them; I don't eat there.  I don't fuss that they should be taken off the air because they offend me.

I think the radio ads for Karl Malone Toyota are misleading and deceptive.  I bought a Toyota, but not from that dealership.  I exercised my personal choice.  

I have been repeatedly disappointed by the difference between pictures on the frozen entree packages and the actual food inside.  Do I insist that the illustrations be taken off?  No, instead I learned which ones were actually eatable and disregarded the illustration on the outside.

It seems to me like there are things we should be upset about, serious things, but some of this nitpicking is just silliness.


No comments: