Wednesday, April 23, 2008

From Columbia, South Carolina

Goodness, my blog is a very visual reminder of how fast time goes by.  My last entry was 4 days ago; it doesn't seem that it has been that long.

I'm in South Carolina today.  I brought my mother with me to spend a few days with my son's family.  My mother has 22 great-grandchildren, but sees my grandchildren less often than any (except for the 2 step great-grandchildren).  Mine moved farther away from home than any of my siblings.'  Chad and his family have lived on the east coast for nearly 8 years and it's challenging to stay as in touch as we'd like.  Additionally, because he has been in medical school and residency, his time is extremely limited so he seldom gets to come home.

My mother's house has always been a family gathering place and my brothers and sisters and their progeny often meet there.  Mine miss out on knowing their second cousins, but we are doing what we can.  All that is really important is that they are healthy and happy....they are.

3 comments:

Teacher Mama said...

That is good. Babies need grandmas and grandpas. I still need mine. I call them often and go visit them whenever I can.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I came across your blog, being a retired educator myself. I have 3 sons and 9, almost 10 grandchildren. They are the light of my life. One of my sons is a physician and moved away also. We have some in common. We don't get to see our grandchildren all that often. They live 11 hours away by car. Where are the pictures of your daughter-in-laws?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that I am enjoying your blog so far. I wish I had the knowledge to put together something like this! Kudos to you. My son's family has a nice blog. Nice to meet you,

Kathleen from PA