Friday, June 26, 2009

North, to Alaska

This afternoon we're flying to Seattle: hubby and I, his parents, and two of his sisters. Hubby's brother is in charge of the garden, and his other sister is making progress fighting off the effects of her stroke. She is doing better all the time, but there is a long and tedious road ahead.

We stay in Seattle tonight, then travel to Vancouver where we board the Holland America Zuiderdam headed for Alaska. It seems a little callous to have fun when family members are struggling, but this has been planned for months and hubby's hospitalized sister insisted we not change plans. Maybe she'll have good surprises for us when we get back.

We're not taking computers because it's iffy as whether we could get them to work on the ship's system, so I'll be quiet until we get back. I hope to return with beautiful pictures and fun stories. I'll catch up after Independence Day.

8 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

have tons of fun, that's on my bucket list for next summer when I celebrate the big 7-0.

Joyce's Journey said...

What a great trip! My good friend from high school just flew to Alaska this past Tuesday to meet up with her husband and son who drove there together from Florida right after Mother's Day. She and her husband will stay in Alaska for about a month and then take their time driving back to Florida. The cruise you are on should be phenomenal. I'm so happy that you have the opportunity to do this. I can't wait to hear about it and see your pictures. You'll be back by the time you read this, but just know that I'm wishing you peace and happiness on this beautiful venture!

Kay said...

Have a terrific time, Jo. We've been thinking about a cruise to Alaska. Everybody tells us about how great it is. One of these days....

Jo said...

I hope you're having a great time! My parents just got back from a cruise to Alaska and they loved it.

wispy willow said...

Bon Voyage! We'll think of you while you're away making memories.

dellgirl said...

Hope you had a great trip and lots of fun, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Happy 4th of July weekend!

Diane said...

My husband wants to go on an Alaskan cruise for our 15th anniversary next year. Fun!

Sharon said...

I know you will enjoy this! I hope you have lots of fun and see lots of cool things. Can't wait for the pictures!


My husband and I went on an Alaskan cruise and it was great. We liked it so well that we are planning on another one for our 20th wedding anniversary in three years.