Saturday, March 15, 2008

New expressions

I just read in a news blurb that someone "overshared" in a blog.  I am assuming that means that they wrote something that turned around to bite them.  Hey, we all do that, but isn't it just putting your foot in your mouth-- figuratively speaking?

Maybe that's just a natural extension of another expression I've heard for a while--overthink.  Is it possible to think too much?  Pondering possibilities is not a good idea?  Then can one underthink?  That seems to be an extremely common problem.

I definitely know people who overspeak.   (I just thought they talked too much, but overspeaking definitely sounds much more learned.)   Could overspeaking lead to oversharing?  Is this caused by overthinking or underthinking?  

Oh heck, I'm just going to stick with over-eating.  At least that makes sense to me.

1 comment:

Teacher Mama said...

In my case underthinking leads to overspeaking. With two or three seconds of thought, my brain filter might be more successful at catching some of the things I think before they escape my lips. Lack of at least adequate thinking sometimes that leads to oversharing. This occasionally causes troublemaking.