Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm not kidding

Just wanted to reinforce that I'm not just making this stuff up. Yesterday I had a mail request from the Alzheimers Association--light day.

Today I have mailers from: Feed the Children
March of Dimes (I've gotten quite a few from them)
CARE
National Cancer Research Center
and St. Labre Indian School (never had one from them before).

I have the feeling that the more different charities I support, the greater the exponential growth of the requests I receive. It's pretty depressing.


4 comments:

Kay said...

Yup! We've got the same problem over here. I hate it when they send me nickels or free gifts to obligate me to send them something.

Great Grandma Lin said...

we're all in agreement on this one. i hate the address stickers that i have to keep and use but don't pay for...

Teacher Mama said...

We don't ever get mailers for charities. Maybe you have to be rich and famous.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Lisa, being rich and/or famous is not required. Just respond with a small donation to one or two. That's all it takes.