Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Commercials drive me nuts!

I use TiVo to zip by commercials, I listen to books on tape in the car. But, occasionally, I accidentally hear commercials. On my drive up today, I heard a couple of interesting ones.

Did you know that you can get the sleep you have been dreaming about? Excuse me, but if you have been dreaming, weren't you already asleep? Does anyone dream about sleeping?

Do you know that a man's overall "quality of life" is affected by his prostate? Sounds like a pretty superficial life if its quality is impaired by a slightly enlarged prostate. How about the quality of a person's life who has lost a limb, had a stroke, is fighting cancer? Makes having to go to the bathroom in the night seem unimportant.

See, I shouldn't listen/view commercials. They drive me nuts, and I'm not even posting about the grammar and speech errors--eek.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Yep, commercials are out of control. What is sad is that they actually target portions of the populationwith whatever it is they have to sell. Yikes! I love my DVR too!

Great Grandma Lin said...

I'm with you, we mute all the commericals but it keeps us busy. No Tivo for us-too complicated but I hate commericals of any kind except maybe the Hallmark card ones the first time you see a new one.

Kay said...

Sigh... We don't have the luxury of TiVo. Not only do we have to sit through the 100 commercials in each TV segment but the sound gets louder. I understand Congress is trying to pass a law about that. I wonder if it went through. There's also a whole lot of commercials about impotent guys that gets just a teeny bit tiring.

wispy willow said...

This is SO funny? Is there anyone on the planet who can't relate?
I'm with Kay on the "male enhancement" schtick. urp, gag.

We don't TiVo... Wayne just clicks his way through them. Watching TV with him is a little like watching old Laugh In segments. Everything with strobe lights. It hurts my eyes.

Jean said...

Commercials drive me nuts, too. Some are just plain idiotic and insulting, and they seem to be the ones that are played repeatedly. We don't have Tivo, unfortunately.

Mare said...

I especially dislike the ones from the drug companies trying to market directly to the public..."Ask your doctor.."