Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring in the Utah high desert


I went for a walk yesterday in the late afternoon.  That is the warmest part of the day here, but it felt good to me.  The picture is looking southeasterly, and I could see that rain was trying to fall in the distance, but probably not reaching the ground.  I loved the different blues of the sky and the reds of the mountains.  It is windy today which might mean a cool down for the weekend.  I like the heat, and always feel bad for those people who seem to have a comfort zone of less than 10 degrees.  You know the ones: too cool below 69, too hot above 78.  They probably have seven days all year when they are truly comfortable.

There are other wonderful shots at SkyWatch.


10 comments:

Mare said...

In reference to the weather, some people are never happy. Just give me some good fresh air and a gentle breeze...no matter what the temp is.

Great Grandma Lin said...

ah home sweet desert...miss the heat today-it snowed and is 32 degrees

Louise said...

This is beautiful. We're having the same weather(in Albuquerque). It seems like monsoon season (which doesn't always offer rain). Crazy for this time of year!

Maria said...

I love it how the cumulus are dashing through the cirrus!

Joyce's Journey said...

How peaceful. I love this shot. What a beautiful place to take a walk!!

Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic sky! Great capture

pantteri, Finland said...

Interesting view with stones, beautiful clouds.

Sharon said...

Love this picture! What a great place to be able to walk.

Thanks for the info on the Kindle. I've been looking at them and wondering.....With this positive story I'm a little closer to getting one!

Janie said...

I love that Utah scenery. Great shot of land and sky.

Sharon said...

Jo, I have an award for you....:)