Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Former teacher leaving the country

Other than a small dip into Canada, I've never been out of country.  Now we have reservations for a trip to Italy in May.  We wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for our nephew.  Thank goodness he is willing and able to go with us.  This will be his 10th trip and he knows the language, the places to see, and the transportation system.  We have talked about this trip for a number of years, it is difficult to believe that we will actually be going.

I plan to take lots of pictures and write every day in a journal.  That's the only way I will remember everything.  Otherwise my husband and I will end up disagreeing about where something was or when we saw it (it's just the way it is).

Who knows, this may mark the beginning of our world travels, but I doubt it.  

No comments: