Friday, October 1, 2010

Follow up

I saw another secret yesterday. There is something that automobile dealers don't want us to know.

I can't imagine what that would be. Everything from the rebates and special financing deals, vehicle histories, to the actual invoice cost of the vehicles is on the Internet. I don't know, the whole "there are big secrets" idea feels wrong to me. There are no big secrets--I, and people I know, have worked in dealerships. Businesses are there to make a profit selling vehicles. People shopping want to pay as little as possible for the car they want (or, if you believe some of the commercials, the car they "deserve"). Where's the secret?

3 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

true, sounds like a come on...

Kay said...

There are very few secrets these days because of the Internet, if you use it.

dellgirl said...

I guess it's all a part of the hype. I'm glad I'm not in the market for a new car right now. Nice post.

Just stopping in to wish you well and, I hope you had a wonderful week!

Happy weekend!