Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Comics speak to me

Sometimes certain comics really speak to me. Whoever writes/draws Non Sequitur has tickled me several times, enough that I actually cut them out and save them. I'm sharing a short series today because I've been thinking about this kind of stuff. I hope you can read them--enlarging will help--because I don't have a scanner; I just took pictures of them.Sometimes those really smart kids are the toughest.
Of course, unless they are paired with the really smart teacher.
Naturally, those same smart kids also need savvy parents.

I'm substituting tomorrow for a math teacher in an Intermediate school. I hope I remember what to do.

5 comments:

Janie B said...

Very funny funnies! I love school humor.

Great Grandma Lin said...

you'll remember. funny cartoons also remember how kids act with subs...good luck!

Sharon said...

These were great! :)

Teacher Mama said...

Thanks for the laugh! Good luck subbing.

Kay said...

I used to love Non Sequitur when we had the Chicago Tribune. Thanks for sharing this. When my son was much, much younger he had the same opinion that if a child doesn't learn, it's ONLY the fault of the teacher. Thank goodness he's grown up and takes responsibility for his learning as well.